Hey everybody.. Happy Friday!!! It’s Holly here today with a fun Interactive Spinner card. I’m a little behind on using my Mama Elephant stamps and Dies.. there are a lot of new release products sitting on my desk waiting for some ink! Today I’m using the super cute Whale Wishes and the coordinating Dies along with the Framed Tags Columbus Circle Creative Cuts and the Ocean Wave Trio dies from the same release.
There’s a video below with more details on how I created this card with some tips as well. The Whale jumping out of the water is the Spinner on my card. I started by die cutting a piece of Neenah Solar White card stock with the Sew Fancy Creative Cuts and then I used the Columbus Circle creative Cut for the center of the panel. I stamped the sentiment on the lower portion of the card using the Mini Misti and some VersaFine Black ink. I added a few of the water splashes from the set using some Fish Tank ink from Lawn Fawn.
Then I die cut a circle from a piece of Tim Holtz Watercolor Card stock and using some Distress inks in Squeezed Lemonade, Spun Sugar & Tumbled Glass I created a sunset with a Mini ink blending tool. Then I die cut the waves from the same piece of watercolor card stock and added some Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean and Mermaid Lagoon Distress inks. I added the waves in the circle area on the front panel and used some foam tape between the layers. I stamped the Whales and die cut them out and adhered them. For a little pop of color on the Whales I added some Copic marker in R000 around their cheeks.
The upper Whale has a spinner element behind it allowing it to spin around. There are many techniques on how to create a spinner element on your cards and different products you can use. I used some elements from MFT’s April card kit that will be released in June. Once all the images were in place I added some additional adhesive and added the front panel to a top folding Licorice A2 sized card base. I created two different cards one where the Whale will spin behind the wave and the other it spins in front of the wave.
Check out the Video Below for more details on how I created these cards. Thanks for stopping by today!
Would you like to join the MarkerPOP! Design Team?! We are looking to add THREE DESIGNERS to our team!!
Call ends: Friday, June 3, at at Noon PDT (1:00pm MDT, 2:00pm CDT, 3:00pm EDT)
New team will be chosen and notified the following week, and publicly announced Friday, July 1.
***Must be experienced with markers & other coloring mediums that MarkerPOP! carries: Copics, Chameleon, ShinHan Touch, Tim Holtz Distress, Memento or Uni POSCA***
*You do not have to color with ALL of them, even one is fine *
What we’re looking for:
- Designers that LOVE to color and create, of course!
- Designers who are willing to promote our company whenever and wherever possible.
- Designers that keep their blogs updated regularly and share their passion of coloring.
- Great photographs of your projects is a must!
- No previous design team experience or publications are necessary. We have no limit on how many design teams you can be a part of, but please be able to dedicate the amount of time to our team that allows you to put forth your best effort. The only restriction we have is that you do not design for other stores that carry the same supplies & stamp images that we do.
- Must be willing to use a private Facebook group, and check it regularly, as our primary form of design team communication.
- Due to shipping time & cost, U.S. designers only, please.
Team members will be responsible for:
- Design team members are responsible for making 1 project per week. It can be a card, a scrapbook page, a 3D project, a planner, etc! This project and/or tutorial will be posted to your blog AND the MarkerPOP blog on a schedule that will be provided for you.
- The design team will be required to participate in any blog hops or special events as they occur during the term.
- Design team members will be required to share current MarkerPOP sales and promotions on their blog and other social media.
- Be active in social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc) where you will share your MarkerPOP designs and our promos.
- Display the MarkerPOP logo that we will provide for you on your blog.
- You MUST use the watermark we will provide for you on your photos.
- This term will run until December 31, 2016.
We are looking for someone that LOVES to color with markers that MarkerPOP! carries. You don’t necessarily have to create a specific project, just show off those amazing coloring skills.
- Must use a coloring medium that we carry
- Multiple photos showing either the project from different angles, or the technique or coloring progression along with a description, or BOTH!
- Comment on assigned Challenge entries every week.
- Videos are welcome for this, too
- Must use newly released products from the MarkerPOP.com store (will be provided for you) along with a coloring medium we carry.
- And one little thing… NO DRAMA! We are a team that likes to work together to create a happy, stress-free atmosphere. We feel that a happy designer is reflected in his/her work (and an unhappy one is reflected, too!).
- Designers will be given monetary compensation to order newly released products to work with, on a monthly basis.
- Each member will receive a discount on any purchases made at MarkerPOP.com.
To enter your name for consideration, please enter your blog link below. Please make sure your name and contact information is somewhere on your blog so that we are able to contact you.
We can’t wait to see your blogs!
First of all, thank you for all your great comments on our Lawn Fawn Release post, and for all your very-appreciated orders!
And now, it’s time to announce the winner of the $15 MarkerPOP Gift Card!
From the blog, the randomly picked winner is….
Laurie Wray, with order # 34428!
Laurie, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with your e-mail address, and the subject line “MP $15 Gift Card Winner”.
Now make sure you head over to our Instagram page to see who the winner is from there!
I used some Ranger Mixed Media cardstock to make the card base and MISTI Laser Etched Stamp tool to actually stamp the image. If your like me some times you don’t a clean crisp stamp so you may need to stamp the image again to get a nice dark image and the MISTI is the tool to have. For a nice strong adhesive I used Crafter Companion Double Sided Adhesive.